GI Tag Indicates Global Indication. There are very Few Which Gets GI Tag. Kashmiri Saffron is One of The Saffron which Has Global Indication. The Power and Quality of this type of Saffron Is Known as World’s Best Saffron. If You Want To Know More about Kashmiri GI tagged Saffron here is the article for You and I Hope You will Like it.
What Is GI Tag Saffron And Why It Is Important To Know About
“GI Tag” Refers to how good is it that your brand achieves recognition throughout the world? You aren’t just any Seller on the web of this Internet, rather your abode gave your product a Label, a tag, a brand that represents your product in the global market.
This is what the GI tag has benefited the Kashmiri saffron Cultivators with.
GI stands for geographical indication, meaning that no random Saffron Cultivator can sell his brand in the name of Kashmiri Saffron. In other words, Kashmir got recognition at the world’s forefront in the sellers of Saffron.
This is beneficial in a number of ways, keeping customers in view. People who used to sell fake and adulterated Saffron in the name of Kashmiri Kesar won’t be able to do that anymore. The original product will be made available to consumers directly. It will be easier to catch frauds, even if they are from Kashmir also.
Kashmir witnessed the cultivation of Saffron in Karewas Lands of Pampore town. The spice is highly exotic and organic. Lack of machinery in the region makes the cultivation, production, and harvest completely labor-based. This makes Kashmiri Saffron the costliest spice in the world.
Due to the non-recognition and disvalue of the crop, the area under cultivation had reduced a lot.The growers had switched to other chores leaving their heritage behind. But with the introduction of this tag, Saffron from Kashmir Valley will be put with authentication throughout the globe. Moreover, now the farmers will be getting the best costs that they deserve actually.
Now Kashmiri Saffron will have a sign marking it unique for its particular geographic origin. This will showcase the culture and heritage that Kashmir Holds within its bounds.
A business representative can directly link themselves to government officials, of the food and security council, who organize the events internationally bringing the stakeholders from India
and that particular country on one platform so that they share their experiences, and explore each other’s way for efficiency.
GI helps the genuine saffron cultivators only. They earn a profit manifold to what they earn otherwise. Likewise, the customers can get superior quality products that aren’t adulterated at all- Because why will a GI seller want his exit from the global Saffron Representation?
Now if it bothers you that you are getting authentic Saffron from international markets, let me make it clear. Kashmiri Saffron Can be recognized by its dark maroon-purple hue- making it the world’s darkest.
We at Kashmir Online Store have our own Saffron Karewa in Pampore. Saffron Cultivated by us is hand-picked at the time of Harvest. Our saffron is bitter when put directly on the tongue. The strands are thicker and produce more fragrance when added to some dish. Furthermore, they are longer as well. Our Saffron is free from chemical processing that makes it 100% organic. The chemical composition of Kashmiri saffron is as such that it has higher levels of crocin- chemical for color strengthening, safranal- chemical for flavour and pico-crocin-chemical for bitterness. Even though persian Saffron dominates the markets, Kashmiri Saffron is the best in every respect. Whether it is smell, taste, appearance or the time it takes to spill its colors to hot water.
Visually as it can be seen our saffron adds taste to the drink. Duplicate Saffron tends to infuse color faster.
We have two varieties of Saffron available with us-Mongra and Raw Saffron. These are rarer to find as these are restricted to Kashmir only. Mongra Saffron is Stigma only while Raw Saffron Is With Stigmas attached with style.
Kashmiri Saffron Benefits
Kashmiri Saffron is beneficial in a number of ways. To begin with-
- Kashmiri Saffron helps in Cancer prevention and to some extent maybe helpful to cancerous Patients. Research has shown that the crocin present in Saffron leads to a number of cancerous cell death be it leukaemia, soft tissue sarcoma, ovarian carcinoma etc. Also, it has been found that those who consume Saffron have a stimulated growth of Lymphocytes- that protects our body like a shield. Moreover, Saffron inhibits the production of Malignant cells.
- Saffron is used in treating memory related issues, nervous disorders like Parkinson’s disease and inflammation.
- Saffron balances the hormonal issues.
- Saffron reduces the inflammation of Lungs caused by the Asthma thereby it can be termed as a cure to lung issues. Moreover, Saffron cures whooping cough and loosens the phlegm from respiratory tracts.
- Saffron acts as a hepatic deobstruent which means it removes the obstructions from the liver, leading to the opening of the ducts.
- The compound crocin found in Saffron helps in fighting moderate staged depression.
- Compound Safranal has analgesic effects- thus relieving Pain.
- Saffron has anti-ageing effects.
- Moreover, Saffron helps in boosting appetite, soothing acidity, tackles nausea, in fact helps to soothe menstrual cramps in women.
- Because of the presence of compound crocetin, heart rate is reduced which means it prevents you against heart attacks and heartburn.
- Other than being a source of crocetin, it is also a good source of Potassium- hence a great help for hypertension sufferers.