No products in the cart.
Derived from the flower of Crocus sativus these crimson stigmas form the world’s most costly spice. The stigmas and threads are harvested by hands, then dried- the result obtained is termed as the Saffron threads. 70,000 of the flowers bloomed yield one pound of Saffron. Including the previously stated reason, the extreme labor required for the cultivation of this crop are the main causes for this spice being the costliest.
The aroma and the valor of Saffron are from the chemicals safranal and picrocrocin. Nevertheless, the yellow hue extracted to the foodstuff it has been used in is because of the carotene pigment called crocin.
The flower blossoms in autumn and is known to grow only in the state of Kashmir when talked about its cultivation in India.
Benefits of Saffron:
check more :Kashmiri Saffron 5 Gram | Pure Quality Kesar
Saffron in Kashmir has two types:
- Mongra ( Stigma only) 2. Lachha ( Stigmas attached with the style )
The quality measuring of the spice is based on the measurement of picrocrocin, safranal and crocin.
The benefits of Consuming Saffron are:
- The most basic is the Culinary use. Saffron is used by the hotelier cooks in many dishes like Biryani, Rasmalai, Cakes, Hams etc.
- Being a spice with like 150 compounds, it serves many health benefits and has a very long history of being used as traditional medicine.
- Saffron has a curing effect on mild to moderate depression.
Let us have a look at the medicinal benefits in detail:
- Crocin the water-soluble carotene present in Saffron is known to trigger programmed cell death in a number of cancer cells without affecting the normal cell growth.
- Saffron promotes memory retention and learning ability. Moreover, crocin in saffron mends the age-related memory issues and is used in the treatment of Parkinson’s disease and inflammation.
- It is used in the stimulation of the hormones and thus bringing the desirous effects. Saffron also acts as a sexual stimulant.
- Saffron also has the dermatological effects as it induces the hair growth as well as keeps the skin fair.
- Saffron has been long used to cure a cold, cough and fever.
- Saffron has a relieving effect on pain. If consumed during periods, women experience no menstrual cramps.
- The potassium in Saffron is known to be of great help to those who suffer from hypertension.
- Saffron is known to induce good sleep.
- It has a good content of iron- thus helps you keep away the anemia and keeping up the hemoglobin levels.
Where to Buy Saffron In 2019 Natural and Organic :
Check Current Rates and Where You Can Buy Saffron In 2019 .1-gram pack of Saffron is available at the rate of Rupees 300, 5-gram pack of saffron is available at the rate of Rupees 1000, 10-gram Saffron is available at the rate of rupees 1850, While the Saffron for the pregnant women is available at the rate of Rupees 2000