No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Kashmiri Masala Kahwa (Sugar Free) Tea / Contains Saffron / Kahwa Tea (150gm)
- Rated 5.00 out of 5 based on 1 customer rating01
- It is caffeine-free.
- It is a Fat Burner and digestive drink.
- It helps to relieve headaches and maintain fluid levels in the body.
- Green Tea inside it that’s an excellent anti-oxidant.
- Kashmiri Product.
This is the most special beverage Kashmir has benefited the world with. This beverage serves as the post-breakfast drink and is mostly consumed with Gerda. Gerda is a small round bread prepared in “Tandoor” by the local bread maker called Kandur. This bread is completely handmade and no machines are utilised in the process.
Other than Kashmir, Kahwa is consumed by the people of Afganistan- that long back in history spread its traditions to Kashmir. Some regions of Pakistan like Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Gilgit-Baltistan, Punjab and Azad Kashmir regions which are more like Kashmir in scenery consume the drink too. Traditionally, on occasions like Marriage or any other ceremonies, kahwa is prepared in the traditional copper kettle- the samovar, which has a long pipe at the centre- to fill with burning coal.
How to prepare Kahwa:
Around the central pipe is the bigger partition in Samovar where Water is placed in. Later, cinnamon, cardamom pods, saffron strands, nuts and above all green tea leaves are added unless the mixture gets boiled. Kahwa needs to be boiled for a longer duration to incorporate within it a great taste and the blend of spices added. Beautiful aroma is spelt into the air when prepared completely and acquires the yellowish tincture.
The above preparation is when Kahwa is prepared occasionally. However, for every winter day, we prepare it in a simple saucepan. For preparing one mug of kahwa, place 1 ₁/₂cup of water in the pan and a tablespoon of green tea in the pan. Normally, we add 2 tablespoons of sugar to one tablespoon of tea leaves. Add few cardamom pods, cinnamon stick breaking it in halves, add saffron strands and boil the contents well till saffron-sugary aroma gets released into the air and the mixture obtains the golden yellow colour-Serving, hot.
Benefits of consuming Kahwa:
Every sip of this beverage will give the valour and warmth of Kashmir. Everything in nature has its benefits and this drink essentially is the mixture of many spices and dry fruits that have tremendous benefits when consumed individually.
- Studies show that the cups of green tea or the other name you call it by- Kashmiri kahwa tea helps improving digestion by cleansing the digestive system. Kahwa is also known to ease constipation.
- Kahwa tea drinkers must know that this exotic beverage helps improving metabolism.
- For those who are diet conscious, we must inform them that drinking green tea helps them lose fat. This is the reason why traditionally Kashmiri’s serve it after the Wazwan. However, there are some other reasons too for the serving.
- This green tea extract helps to prevent the deposition of cholesterol in blood vessels- thus preventing from heart disease.
- Kahwa helps in lowering blood pressure as the inflammation in arteries is reduced by the property of fat-breakdown- thus the overall protection from any sort of cardiovascular disease.
- Kahwa increases one’s immunity. This beverage is an excellent source of Vitamin B12 that helps in recharging the body’s defence mechanism- helping to fight infections, especially in winters.
- Kahwa is a great source of antioxidants-catechins. Research says that the presence of antioxidants in the body protects against oxidative stress. This is done by fighting cell damage caused by free radicals- which further helps in slowing down the process of ageing.
- Green tea is known to decrease the action of heavy metals like iron and copper, both of which can damage brain cells. Thus, it seems consumption of Kahwa is essential for brain health too. Furthermore, it gives protection against diseases like Parkinson’s disease, dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Consuming Kahwa shows significant reductions in liver enzyme levels which is a sign of a good liver.
- Antioxidant EGCG present in Kahwa regulates the functioning of stem cells- balancing cell production and death.
- Studies have shown that the presence of antioxidant catechins reduces the risk of prostate cancer by 97%.
- Kahwa helps to prevent bone density keeping bones stronger.
- Since Kahwa makes the immune system strong, it is recommended to be consumed when one has got flu, cold or a cough.
- Note: adding sugar in Kahwa is purely based on your choice and whether your health allows it or not.Sugar-free Kahwa has been known to reduce the blood sugar levels as antioxidant EGCG enhances insulin sensitivity and regulate blood sugar levels.
How much of Kahwa should one consume per day?
About 250-500 mg of Sugar-free Kahwa must be consumed to provide your body with all the benefits mentioned above. However, one should take care of not consuming green tea supplements on an empty stomach as it may cause liver damage.
Where to buy sugar-free Kahwa from- In India?
We at Kashmir online store have dwelled the Kahwa powder from grinding spices like green cardamom, ginger, cinnamon sticks, Saffron, dried rose petals, green tea leaves, almonds, walnuts and cloves. ( We recommend adding honey to it when you prepare the Kahwa for yourself.). The mixture is not grounded in the electronic grinding machines but with our traditional pestle and mortar. We associate ourselves with labourers and take time for acquiring everything- because we believe in quality. Visit our store once and experience the hygiene we take care of while planting, harvesting, obtaining and packing our products.