No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Long Sized Super Quality Dried Figs (Anjeer) – ISO: 22000:2015 / FSSAI Certified
₹499.00 – ₹1,599.00 (-38%)
How to store Figs:
To avoid deterioration, keep figs cold. Place them in a plastic bag, stored in the freezer. This will keep those like for 10-12 months.
There are Mainly 2 Types Of Natural figs :
- Afghani Fig.
- Turkish Fig.
Dried figs help in controlling high blood pressure. This is because of the presence of Potassium. Like every other dried fruit, figs are also rich in fiber content. This helps in reducing weight as figs also give the feeling of fullness. Dates prunes, apple, pears are the best of the fruits which contain high natural fiber content.
With more than 850 types, Fig tree produces soft and sweet fruits with many small seeds insides of it. Figs alongside being a good nutrient fruit serves as a traditional medicine too. Its Laxative substances, help in treating constipation. Other than the fruit itself, Fig leaves may also be used for medicinal reasons as well. Which includes treating diabetes (type-1), high cholesterol and skin diseases like eczema, vitiligo and psoriasis.
When are Figs available [Anjeer]?
Figs are known as humankind’s oldest fruit. Originally, figs belong to turkey, Afganistan and came up to Northern-India . Figs are very fragile, thus easily bruised. Fresh figs are available in July-September only.
Some varieties of Figs change their colour when ripened- turning from green to purple or brown. Nevertheless, this is not always a correct way of estimating whether the Fruit has ripen or not. The fruit gets heavier once ready to pluck and hangs down its branch, bending the stalk to which it is attached. It softens once it ripens. Therefore, for those who are growing it, they need to pluck it before it falls to the ground, keeping in mind not to pluck it off unripen. Sometimes for indicating that the fruit is ready to harvest, it drips out the nectar.
Before serving a fully ripened Fig, place it in a refrigerator for 2-3 days. Afterwards take it out and let it still at room temperature.
Whilst Fresh figs do not last long, dried figs are all time available. These may be easily available from any dried fruit store or Online.
How to store Figs:
To avoid deterioration, keep figs cold. Place them in a plastic bag, stored in freezer. This will keep those like for 10-12 months.
Benefits of Figs [Anjeer]:
- Rich source of :
- Vitamin B- complex
- Vitamin C
Other than these figs have Vitamin K too.
- As mentioned earlier Figs Contain Zinc, which speeds up the hair follicle recovery.
- A woman requires taking fig regularly during menopause.
- Other than the earlier mentioned skin benefits by figs, fig tree latex cures warts.
- Figs are a good source of antioxidants, beneficial for dermatological uses and rich blood circulation, it benefits your skin and keeps it healthy.
- Figs are good for those who suffer from hyperglycaemia.
Advantages Of Eating Dried Fig:
Though the advantages of both dried and fresh figs are almost the same, here are some benefits gained consuming dried figs.
- Dried Figs can improve fertility and libido as they contain zinc, manganese and magnesium, thus improving reproductive health.
- These cure anaemia, increasing haemoglobin, as they are an iron rich source.
- Due to free radicals, dangerous cells may be produced. Figs prevent cellular DNA damage, thus preventing cancer.
- Figs help in preventing cellular DNA damage due to free radicals that can produce dangerous cells. Which prevents from Cancer.
- Dried figs are antioxidant rich, eliminating free radicals, and damaging blood vessels and trigger heart diseases. In addition, there are some other studies that say that dried figs reduce triglyceride levels that have a great role in heart diseases.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.