Where To Buy Honey From In India?
India is one of the leading producers of honey. One of the best places to go looking for naturally produced honey is Kashmir. Kashmir is a place with lesser pollution than any other states across the country. Giving a natural habitat to bees to collect nectar from pollution-free disease free flowers. The valley is diverse in its flora and fauna, giving the best source for honey production.
We at Kashmir online store, have a well-extended land, away from all sorts of pollution, nearer to nature. Beekeeping is done carefully and care is taken while extracting honey.
We ensure hygiene and endure quality. Even if you live in any remote area of the country we can make our product available to you. Yet, if you want to visit our farm and store, you are welcomed anytime, always.
How To Know The Purity Of Honey?
If one spends his hard-earned money on something, he surely has a right to know about its purity. One can know about the purity of this liquid gold simply at home by doing this:
Take some honey on your thumb; if it spreads its a false if it remains intact; go take it home.
Fake honey has everything one can think of other than the floral nectar. It includes glucose, dextrose, molasses, sugar syrup, invert sugar, flour, corn syrup, starch, or any other similar product.
Other differences to know about the real honey are:
- Real honey is non-sticky, that is it won’t stick between the fingers if rubbed.
- It is thick and takes time to flow.
- Honey taste remains for a shorter span.
- Real honey smells like the flower from which it was obtained.
- Honey does not form the foam.
- If mixed with water it settles down at the bottom forming a lump and won’t get mixed.
- Real honey hardens the slice of bread that has honey over it.
- If honey is stirred with yolk the yolk appears cooked.
There are other ways to know about the pureness of honey too. But these are the easiest ones.
Flame test: take honey at the tip of the matchstick. And try lighting it. If it burns with ease burning the honey too, the honey is pure else match stick won’t light because of the wetness.
Honey With Saffron, Kashmiri Pure Honey and Saffron
Side Effects Of Honey:
- May Cause Food Poisoning: when honey is raw and unpasteurized, there are high chances that one may get food poisoning. Debris, bee wings, pollens may actually cause digestive system disorders.
- May Spike Blood Sugar Levels: honey is completely sugar-based giving rise to blood sugar levels. Those who suffer from type-2 diabetes should not consume honey.
- Lowers Blood Pressure Level: one mustn’t consume honey if he suffers from hypoglycemia.
- Nerve Damage: grayanotoxins present in honey are dangerous to nerves. This compound is present raw honey that is not pasteurized.
- Weight Gain: Honey contains calories in a high amount. Simple carbohydrates are present that break down easily. The energy is piled up as body fat, and you end up gaining excess weight.
- Tooth Decay: 82% of honey is sugar, making it obvious enough for decays in teeth.
- May Cause Internal Bleeding.
- Drug Interactions: those taking antibiotics, stomach or intestine medications, should consult an expert before consuming honey.
- Toxic Reactions: honey from the nectar of Rhododendrons is known to contain certain toxins, which affects the cardiovascular system directly, and cause low blood pressure, chest pain, and several other heart problems.
- May Cause Infections: those with the weak immune system should not consume honey as the risk of bacterial and fungal infection in the body is increased.
- Anaphylactic Shock: serious side effects of honey as it can sometimes even lead to death due to anaphylaxis, which is characterized by whole-body allergy along with dizziness, fainting, shortness of breath, hypotension, heart failure, etc.
- May Cause Allergic Reactions: if you are allergic to pollens, raw honey can make you into allergies. It can cause swelling, itching, inflammation, rashes, hives, puffiness, cough, asthma, wheezing, iritis, breathing troubles, difficulty in swallowing, and so on if consumed directly.
- Abdominal Discomfort: this happens due to the higher levels of fructose, interrupting the nutrient absorbing capability of our small intestines, leading to conditions like diarrhea.
Botulism In Infants: honey should not be given to infants. They may get poisoned due to bee venom getting fever, vomiting, weakness, lethargy, constipation, irritability, constipation, diarrhea, cramping, loss of appetite, respiratory arrest, muscle paralysis, etc.